The Library of NT Studies: JSNTS on the Gospels and Acts collection provides timely and engaging investigations of issues concerning the Gospels and Acts. These 16 academic volumes contest some long-held arguments and buttress others, but do so through the latest Biblical scholarship and methodology.
Topics include the case for an earlier composition of Mark, the intertextual connections to Ezekiel in John and Second Temple literature, the Lukan understanding of the Holy Spirit, the Jewish context for Jesus’ miracles, and many others.
About the Series
The Journal for the Study of the New Testament Supplement (renamed the Library of New Testament Studies in 2005) is a premier book series that offers cutting-edge work for a readership of scholars, teachers in the field of New Testament studies, postgraduate students and advanced undergraduates. The series was launched by Sheffield Academic Press in 1981 to complement its associated journal, the Journal for the Study of the New Testament. All the many and diverse aspects of New Testament study are represented and promoted in the series, including innovative work from historical perspectives, studies using social-scientific and literary theory, and developing theological, cultural and contextual approaches.
The Library of New Testament Studies is published regularly by T & T Clark International, a world-class religious academic publishing program that is both interdisciplinary and international in scope, incorporating Sheffield Academic Press, T & T Clark and Trinity Press International.
You would spend an average of $305.28 to pick up any two of these titles in print. Yes, you read that correctly. Any two.
Here are the 16 volumes with Amazon’s latest prices:
- $72.00 The Gospel of Matthew in Its Roman Imperial Context
- $84.00 The Date of Mark’s Gospel: Insights from the Law in Earliest Christianity
- $216.00 Mark’s Gospel—Prior or Posterior?: A Reappraisal of the Phenomenon of Order
- $168.00 Word and Glory: On the Exegetical and Theological Background of John’s Prologue
- $162.00 The Unity of the Farewell Discourse: The Literary Integrity of John 13:31-16:33
- $180.00 The Lazarus Story within the Johannine Tradition
- $180.00 Echoes of a Prophet: The Use of Ezekiel in the Gospel of John and in Literature of the Second Temple Period
- $144.00 The Temple of Jesus’ Body: The Temple Theme in the Gospel of John
- $64.80 Dynamic Reading of the Holy Spirit in Luke-Acts
- $157.50 The Davidic Messiah in Luke-Acts: The Promise and Its Fulfillment in Lukan Christology
- $168.00 The Finger of God and Pneumatology in Luke-Acts
- $168.00 Echoes of Scripture in Luke-Acts: Telling the History of God’s People Intertextually
- $180.00 Jerusalem and the Early Jesus Movement: The Q Community’s Attitude toward the Temple
- $144.00 Apocalypticism, Anti-Semitism and the Historical Jesus: Subtexts in Criticism
- $192.00 The Jewish Context of Jesus’ Miracles
- $162.00 Historiography and Hermeneutics in Jesus Studies: An Examination of the Work of John Dominic Crossan and Ben F. Meyer
Most people probably wouldn’t spend the $2,442.30 to pick up all 16 volumes in print, but if there are even two books in this collection that you might want to buy at some point you’d be better off getting the entire collection instead—since it would be like getting the other 14 volumes for free!
Library of NT Studies: JSNTS on the Gospels and Acts (16 Vols.)
Suggested Retail Price: $1,929.85
Logos Sale Price: $599.95
Pre-Pub Special: $299.95
For all the details, please visit the website at:
Or call 800-875-6467 to order.